This may be one of my favorite dishes for the summer. Super easy and pretty much fool proof. It's perfect for eating outdoors with a couple of your favorite Mexi-Beers or whatever your chill out beverage is while taking in the summer.
For the Rub
3 Tablespoons Chile Powder
1 tsp salt
A pinch of black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
Mix all these ingredients together
1 can of your favorite mexican beer in a can, we used tecate.
1 fryer chicken
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse your chicken under cold water and pat dry
3. Use all of the rub to season the inside and outside of the chicken
4. Open the can of beer and place inside the cavity and stand the chicken up and place in the oven. You may need to take out one rack in your oven to have your chicken stand up.
5. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until the juices run clear, this will depend on how big your chicken is, it should not take more than 75 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven carefully with the beer can inside, let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before you take out the beer and carve.